How Do I Transport My Denago Ebike?
You have your new Denago Ebike and your excited to go travel and see some new areas! You now need a bike rack or way to transport your ebike.
As you already know an Ebike is heavier than a traditional bicycle. Please use common sense and check with any bicycle rack manufacturer warnings and ALWAYS be CAUTIOUS or WEIGHT LIMITS. Your ebike weight can vary on which model and what accessories you have on your bike but could be 50-80 lbs.
It is unlikely that you will find a rack manufacturer that offers a roof rack or trunk rack. This is because of weight limits. Thus, you will likely need to look at trailer hitch racks. There are a number of manufacturers out in the marketplace but the BIKE.com team really like Saris products as well as Thule, Hollywood and others.
Here are some tips in finding the right rack for you
- Understand WEIGHT LIMIT per bike and per number of slots on your rack. Some racks have 2 or even 4 slots to carry bikes. Make sure not to exceed manufacturer specifications and limits
- Max Per Bike
- Total Weight Capacity
- Ease of Use-
- How easy is it to use the rack?
- How easy is it to put your bike on the rack?
- How easy is it to secure your bike?
- How easy is it to remove your bike?
- Can you secure your bike?
- Does the rack with bikes give you a sense of safety and secure while driving?
- Are you within manufacturer weight limits?
Other options are tailgate pads.
Please do your research and find a rack that is designed and built for ebikes!