Can I and How Do I Adjust the Speed Limiter and Reasons to do so
Denago’s City 1.0 E09 Step-over and E10 Step-thru models are shipped in a Class III eBike configuration, providing speeds of up to 28 MPH on pedal assist and 20 MPH on throttle.
Both models can optionally be configured by the rider to suit their preferences and meet any local requirements or regulations.
The speed limiter on pedal assist is adjustable from 11-28 MPH (17-45 Km/h). The speed limiter on throttle is locked at 20 MPH and cannot be modified.
How to adjust the speed limiter
The speed limiter can be adjusted using the settings on the built-in display:
- Make sure display is ON and is in either AVG or MAX screen setting
- Press and hold the “UP/+” and “DOWN/-” buttons on the HMI remote for 2 seconds to enter the settings function.
- Tap “MODE” until the speed limiter setting screen is shown.
- Use the
- “UP/+” and “DOWN/-” buttons to set the desired speed limiter.
- When finished, press and hold “MODE” to exit the settings function.
Reasons to adjust the speed limiter
Riders may wish to change speed limiter for a variety of reasons:
- Controlling the top speed for a new or cautious rider
- To meet local speed limit requirements or restrictions on rider age
- To comply with local trail access rules
Before changing the speed limiter
If you decide to modify the speed limiter, you should only do so if it is safe, legal, and appropriate based on riding location.